Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The packing has begun . . .

I know what you're thinking.  We don't have a travel date yet so isn't this a little premature?  Well, considering we have to take enough items to function for two weeks, travel three cities in China and 5 flights (at least) with a  new Little Person we've never met before.  Yeah, I think it's time to get packin'.  Although I procrastinate a lot in my life, and I'm late most of the time, I am surprisingly a very thorough "packer" and prepare for weeks at a time.  Whether it's an overnight stay or two weeks, I am a major list maker.  Here's a sneak peek at my lists.

Since we began the adoption nearly 8 years ago I have had plenty of time to gather info and research and that's exactly what I've done.   Thanks to many adoption related websites and online forums of adoptive parents, the info I've gleaned is endless and looks like it will prove to be invaluable.  In the past few weeks I pulled out my "adoption binder" and started going through the info and re-reading.  Yes, I set up a white 3 ring binder with various categories and inserted copies of helpful websites or printed info, hole punched it, and stuck it within the binder.  Several times in the past week I have pulled out the "packing list" section to take a gander.  I had a total of 34 pages of info that I then broke down into the following spreadsheet categories;  clothes,  medications, toiletries, food, miscellaneous and carry-on.    Yep, a little OCD buts it's workin' for me, and considering the Dr. gave me a steroid shot for my sinus infection, I'm putting it to good use!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment