Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One last run to Wal-Mart . . . (as only two)

and to Dairy Queen- that's what we did last night.  I have been managing the pre-trip preparation with multiple lists and crossing things off as they are purchased or accomplished and a new list is made every 4-5 days.  So last night we took our list to Wal-Mart for what we think was our last trip to get the last of the items on our list.  Diapers, being one, see previous post as I had forgotten these- I know, crazy, right?  And I need some snacks if I'm going to survive in a country known for cooking with shellfish and nut oils.  So I got some tuna, vacuumed sealed chicken, beef jerky, oatmeal, oh and Pringles! 
So, then it occurred to me, one last trip to Wal-Mart before our trip, then it really set in, one last trip to Wal-Mart and running errands before we are a family of 3!!!! Wow!
If you read yesterday's post then you know the level of anxiety I described and reported how I was having all these physical issues because of it.  Well, something, nothing pivotal, but Something happened on my way home yesterday that I began to feel calm, genuinely calm.  Not calm for just a sec or two but deep   breathing sort of calm. The type of Peace that only comes from God.  Sooooo thankful for that, because I was really wondering if I could make it until Tuesday without having a meltdown. 
Now that the pressure of packing and doing paperwork has subsided, our flights arranged, and hotel accommodations are made too, and essentially all packing is done; we are starting to calm back down to a sub-normal state and be civil to one another again.  That's a good thing.  I was beginning to wonder if we would even sit together on the plane! 
So thankful for what God is doing and pray He's preparing her heart to accept us.  He obviously has His arms around us and is encouraging us along the last few steps on the path as we turn the corner and join hearts with her on a new path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment