Friday, July 25, 2014

After the meltdown at midnight . . .

Wednesday and yesterday's level of anxiety I have rounded the corner and I'm now finally getting excited again about all the things that matter.  These past few days have been trying! I realized after packing our checked baggage that our carry-ons can only be 11 pounds each once we are in China.  With this limit there was no way I could follow the USA's limitless weight approach to carry-ons and expect to make it all work in China.  You see, I had all the important stuff left to put in the carry-ons- stuff we didn't want to loose sight of but it wouldn't all fit- CRISIS! I had to take all of it and there was no where left to put it- couldn't go in checked bags because China doesn't offer insurance and frankly there was no amount of insurance that could recover the importance of some of this.  So 3 calls to the airport, multiple automated answering services, and then finally at 12:15 am on Thursday I got some answers; however; in my sleep deprived state I didnt realize that I still couldn't take everything despite what United Airlines told me- I still had to make it work!  Went to bed around 2:00 am and started my day trying to figure out this puzzling issue.  Something was gonna have to give . . . anyway after whining to my co-worker, my sister-in-law and a few other friends - I made some sacrifices and now its settled.  Small issue, in the big scheme of things? Yeah, but it had to be resolved and I had to get most of it to China.  I can'tt take a U-haul or pack mule so I figured it out.
Photo issues resolved - check
Storage of photos resolved- check
Video capabilities- check
Checked bags packed- check
Flights scheduled - check
Hotels booked- check
Anxiety under control- CHECK! - for now anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment