Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pickles. Snakes. And oh yeah, Article 5!!!!!!!!

From my last post you know we were really bummed that our Article 5 had been delayed and in turn we wouldn’t be traveling in July.  Okay,  so I was supposed to used this time to really crack down on packing, planning, etc.  After 2 weeks of  sinus trouble, a day off work, 4th of July prep and being tired and bummed out, this  prevented anything productive from happening,  Oh, and our ice maker/water dispenser in our fridge started leaking beyond repair. Then we got our motivation going . . .
We made freezer pickles and they were a success.  We made dill pickles too and they were a success.  Then we found a copperhead by our out building  on Tuesday- Larry shot it DEAD with a .38 and again, SUCCESS!! 
Super happy about that one!  We are still counting our blessings on that one and will for quite a while.  God is good!  When I detected it, I didn’t know it was a copperhead, maybe a cow snake, hmm, took some pictures of it.  Calmly stood and looked at it for a while, went on to work.  Sent Larry the pics via text and he didn’t look at them ALL day.  Then at 3:45 he discovered it was a copperhead. “Why didn’t you tell me?”.  “I sent you pictures and told you to check your messages 3 times”.  “How close were you when you took those pictures?”  “Oh, about 3 feet or so, I took it like this” (arms stretched out waist high duplicating my picture taking technique)
Long story short, the THING is dead, I don’t even like to say the “s’ word and sometimes refer to it as “it”.  It is at the taxidermist now but we are unsure if it will be able to be preserved.  I am not thrilled with a “snake mount”, I would much rather have its head lopped off and stretch its skin across a board, sorta like a nice belt.  Oh, well, my Hubby earned it, he’s a brave soul.  I too am very thankful  he is okay and was able to blow its head off, safely destroy it for the safety of our family.
Okay and onto adoption news,  that is why you come here right?   Ha Ha made you read the snake story, are you sitting on your feet yet?  Got the heebie jeebies?. Sorry, at least I left out all the gory details, no pics either I’ll put those in another post when he gets the  THING back and I’ll let you know so you can just totally skip that post if you’d like. 
On Wednesday morning we got an e-mail form the American Consulate in Guangzhou that our Article 5 had been picked up the 7th and was being forwarded to CCCWA in Beijing and they will issue our TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!!!.  An e-mail from our adoption agency in Austin revealed that we should have TA  (travel approval) in 2 weeks!!!!!! They will then request our consulate appointment and then our flights can be booked!!!!  Woo Yoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment