Wednesday, March 26, 2014

So, after "THE CALL" then what??????

We received the call on March 11th, 2014 at 12:15.  We first viewed our e-mail with all our Baby Girl’s info on it late the same afternoon and headed off to tell whoever we could find.  We gave  priority of course  to  immediate family! 
We headed to Larry’s Mom and Dad’s and were able to tell his Dad first and provide him with a  pink, “It’s a girl” sucker.  He was at home working under a car and my mother- in-law was (yep, you guessed it- at Wal-Mart).  We drove on to Larry’s oldest brother’s house and found his wife and grandson- we shared suckers with them and the good news.  Then off to Larry’s sister’s house.  Here we were totally caught off guard.  Ithough I could bust into the kitchen and yell the good news and the girls would be there after school, instead Sheila and Abby were in the front yard, saw us coming and gave us no time to plan as she met us int eh driveway.  I stammered around and tried to think of something  and Larry said we were meeting his mom and she’d be there soon.  She was onto us, “I know why you’re here, it’s the middle of the afternoon and the middle of the week and you’re not making me hold out until Mom gets here!”  We went to the front yard where Abby was sunning herself- I asked if she’d seen the Stork on the bus today( a little joke between us) and she said no, she’d forgot to look.  I then said, “you wouldn’t have seen him anyway because he was with us” She jumped up and ran at me.  I made she and Sheila close their eyes as I presented them their suckers.  We talked and cried and laughed.  Larry’s mom finally got back from Wal-mart- in her excitement thinking she knew why we were calling- she got in someone else’s car at Wal-Mart. Poor crazy Grandma, she was beside herself.  And then we shared the news with Allen  and  Jenna. More tears and joy. Jenna and Abby were so sweet, so happy for us.   This resonated in a special place for Sheila  and Allen and they were extremely thankful and happy for us.  Randy and Denise stopped by and they were happy for us as well and offered their congratulations.
Then we were off to my Mom’s.  The plan was to pick her up for her belated birthday celebration at 5:30.  We were headed to Charleston to Shen Yun Performing Arts (5000 years of Chinese history celebrated by music  and dance and spectacular costuming).  We walked into Mom’s kitchen  and she was ready.  I apologized for not bringing her a card but she knew we were going to the show for her birthday.  Then I apologized for not bringing her a cake, then said; “But I brought you a sucker.”  She read the “It’s a girl” logo and was absolutely shocked and speechless.  “Does this mean what I think, oh, thank you God”.  Tears flowed and the smiles wouldn’t stop.  Dad phoned while we were there and I told him over the phone that he was a Grandpa.  He was happy and really thrilled for us. 
We started on our way and stopped at Dad’s briefly to share the news again and delivered a sucker. 
On our way we called, my cousin Jerry, my Aunt Gloria and Uncle Ronald and my Aunt Sharon.  We decided to see my Uncle Johnny and Aunt Pat in person as we are looooong overdo for a visit with them.  We also called some very special families too, the James’, Baldwin’s, and the Johnson’s. 
What a great night for some Chinese music and dance!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment