Thursday, March 27, 2014

Reflections from a Momma's heart

Recently I have spent a little time putting things away in Delaney’s room and have been unloading totes of items we’ve accumulated over the past 7 years.  I have located items I had remembered buying and was eager to hang them up or find a spot for them and many I had forgotten.  We’ve made a lot of preparations for her.  Funny how you dream and plan and  it’s a complete act of faith.  “Believing in things unseen” but with such expectancy; believing  your prayers would be answered.  On more than one occasion this night I fell to my knees and sobbed clenching little items in  my hand, some sentimental and some silly.  But each time praising God and in disbelief how He would choose to bless us with this child.  I felt and still feel so undeserving of this blessing.  It is clear that HE loves us beyond what we can comprehend. 
I hung up a lot of pretty little dresses and prayed God would help me to teach my daughter about inner beauty and how that far outweighs external beauty.  I want to raise a God-fearing young lady who loves God and knows HE loves her.   I pray I can help her to value herself because Christ does and to teach her modesty and purity.  I am so thankful God has allowed me the privilege of motherhood and to be entrusted to care for her  while on this Earth.  “I need Thee, oh I need Thee, every hour I need Thee!”    

No comments:

Post a Comment