Sunday, March 2, 2014

March coming in like a lion, will it bring our Dragon?

The ice started here about 3 hours ago so I guess March has officially "come in like a lion".  Just wondering if our Stork is in the air and fighting against the ice storm.  Will it bring our Dragon to us tomorrow?  Guess we'll know soon.  If not, we may have to wait until Tuesday. 
Tonight I've been enjoying the company of my wonderful hubby and the warmth of our little Penny dog as we watch the Oscar's.  The awards have celebrated the amazing talent and artistry of so many but I most enjoyed Bette Midler's rendition of "Wind Beneath my Wings".  It had me sobbing, that song really means a lot to me.
 I also found it interesting that this year marks the 75th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz.  That movie too is very special to me as all through my childhood, I watched it every year with my Mom.  My Mom has always been my courage, my brain, and my heart. It's my prayer I can be those things for my child until they learn to find strength in themselves; that I can give them a foundation to build upon.  I hope I can teach them that they possess these things already, given to them by God and I'm just here to nurture these qualities.
On the eve of what could be our referral, I'm humbled knowing that God is going to allow us to be parents.  This is a job I take seriously and I know my level of responsibility is about to change immensely.   I  can do all things through Christ who strengthens  me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment