Wednesday, March 12, 2014

24 hours later . . .

Wow, today I woke up exhausted.  I wanted to share our news with so many today but I’m really functioning on reserve.  My heart is so full but my body and mind are so empty.  There is so much I want to know and learn about her and her province but I haven’t had enough waking hours or energy to multi-task work and researching any info.  Some realizations I’ve had along the way:

Oh my goodness she may not be in diapers and I have a TON!  

Oh no she may not be able to wear some of the clothes I’ve bought over the years.

She’s a Dragon!

She may be potty trained or wear split pants (see above diaper concern).

She needs a name and nothing seems obvious. We’ve waited for 7 ½ years and we don’t have a name in our arsenal that fits her well, ugh! 

We get to keep the chandelier ‘cuz she’s a girl!

Oh no she’ll  have to have blood drawn in Guanzhou for her TB test, since she’s just over two.  How am I gonna let them stick my baby?  

Funny one- as I drove home yesterday I couldn’t read my own writing and I thought my baby’s name was “He-Man”  My thought was, oh gee, my baby’s name is “He-Man”.  

Okay, gonna end here, I’m really tired.  I’ll share details about “the call”  soon and how it all went down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment