Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flag Day, Feathers, and Finger-lickin' chicken!

Today was/is Flag Day so hopefully everyone who owns a flag was able to display it with the respect and honor it deserves.  Let the red, white and blue, wave proudly!  Ourselves, we don't have a flag, (oops) we've been in our new house now for two years but never have had a flag.  Gee, maybe it's time!  When I was growing up,  my Mom always displayed a flag and when that one wore out, she quickly bought  a new one.  She now has a lighted flag pole in her yard unlike the house-mounted type she always had when I was a kid.  Her Dad and brothers served in the war so I guess she's always taken the display of Old Glory quite seriously.  There is something about a flag blowing and snapping in the wind, . . .  almost like it's saluting itself.  Although I don't own a flag, at least I knew it was Flag Day!
Got my hair trimmed after work and my stylist is an exstentionista, she's been adding feathers to hair for a little over a month now and they are really cool.  Last time I saw her I made my color choice  but had to work up the nerve to do it. (I work a professional job so it required some consideration)  Well, I did it today and the placement of the (two < 1/4 inch wide plumes) will allow me to wear them to work and no one will be the wiser, or have anything to "crow" about, haha, sorry bad joke.  I guess you could say I was "chicken" at first.  Okay, I'll stop . . . speaking of chicken . . .
KFC is right across from the hair salon and so, when I left the shop, one whiff, I was smitten- chicken was what we had for dinner.  Sorry for the meaningless content of this, but the more I blog, the more I can practice all the little technical tools, formats, and tricks.  So until I figure it out- there may be more of this craziness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment