Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Disappointed,aggravated, tears and a trip to the mall

.. . that was last night.  I was anticipating our travel approval would arrive by Friday, June 27th, and then we could potentially travel by mid July.  I still didn’t think we would travel until late July but I could see it was a possibility.  Not  now, seems an error occurred on the China side of things and our paperwork wasn’t completed at the Consulate until later than we anticipated.  So looks like August, Yep, ho hum, very disappointed here and pretty much in a slump.  I don’t know if it will be early August or late,  but at least August.  Makes me sad, real sad, to think our Little One is there and missing her summer with us.  I know God’s ways are not our ways and His timing is perfect but it doesn’t mean I still dont have real and raw emotions.   
I cried briefly on my way to the mall yesterday evening and felt better as the evening went on.  I returned a few items and purchased some others, did some looking around for  Delaney but restrained myself as her closet is full now.  Larry and I spent some time watching "Gotcha Day" videos on you-tube and had a restful night.  We have been so blessed with the out-pouring of love and prayer for us and the gifts for Delaney.  So keep up the prayers folks, we need a healthy dose.  Disappointment takes a little time  to heal. 
On a bright note, . .  . today is our 21 year wedding anniversary.  I have officially been married half my life!  Wow.  He’s a great man and he’s going to be a great father as well.  I am very blessed to be evenly yoked with such a God-fearing man, one who tries to live a blameless life and strives to make the best decisions for us and our future family.  Love you Honey!  He’s on his way to meet me now for a quick lunch and a trip to our local Fed-EX  to pick up our passports and visas. YEAH!!!!! 
You see there is still a lot to do before we leave and we were honestly getting nervous about how we were going to accomplish it all, not just the packing and prepping for the trip but we have to make so many copies of documents it’s not even funny!!  So now we can relax and work on it a little at a time and not feel so overwhelmed.  We can prepare for our trip, pack, get our supplies, documents, etc all together and not be in a mad rush to make it happen.  Well, at least I’ll tell myself that for now.  Can’t control it, God is the One in control and He has His reasons.  Just gotta deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment