Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Text causing "freak-out" moment . . .

Knowing that our agency is expecting referrals, we knew we’d be getting an update but would not be in this group of referrals. However; my Hubby calls me today and says ever so calmly, “Did you get that text?” No, well yeah about AT&T alerting us we are close to our texting limit for the month. “No, did you get the e-mail?”.  No. “Well you need to look at the text and e-mail, I love you”.  Okay that’s it. 
So  quickly I scrolled through my phone to the text, see below, the last text. 
 
 
 
Okay, so in my excitement I think the text says “we are in”, I mean, well, that is the first few words of the text, "you are in" So I think, "oh my gosh we're in, I didn't think we'd be in this group! Larry had copied part of the e-mail from our agency and sent it to me.  Basically the idea was that if "you are in the 11-27-06 LID group" our agency wanted us to notify them immediately if we hadn’t spoken to them recently.  Which I had talked to them on the  14th and wasn’t exactly sure how immediate “immediately” was.  So I have already freaked out my co-worker from my heavy breathing and “oh my gosh” ramblings.  After she asked me if I was okay and if I was sure I was okay, then I said yeah, I’m okay, this could be a really good thing, I’ll be back”.    By this time, I’m calling Larry as quick as I can, pacing with chest pain and now I have to pee!  He really got a kick out of it, he hadn’t meant to send me into cardiac arrest but wanted me to know the agency wanted us to call. !   
 
 Long story short, I guess this is just practice for next month.  A dress rehearsal if you will.  My co-worker got a very small glimpse of how excited and hysterical I may get in the  next month.  We sort of had a practice “call/alert”  and so it’ll be interesting to see how the real one works out! 
 
I guess we can take another jelly bean out of our jar.  Only one, so we’ll have to split it, but somehow I think it’ll taste very sweet.  We are down to only 5 jelly beans left, (5 log in dates) including ourselves and two of those days are weekend days and no one is logged in.  So, 5 beans to represent 5 calendar days but only 3 LID’s.  Got it, hold on, as the excitement  builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment