Friday, October 18, 2013

Six months?!!

We got an e-mail from our agency Wednesday stating we should have a referral in six months. Six months? Really?  We are so close, but so far away! 
Our previous referral counselor left the agency and we’ve been given a new one and this was the first email we'd gotten from her.  Okay, so we are closing in on the 6 month mark but I’m hoping for more like 3-4.  Last year at this time we thought we’d get  a  referral  around July of 2013.  Nope.  Then around May we realized it would likely be November.  Then by August we figured it would move to the end of December (worst case scenario).  Now as we’re in the middle of October it looks like it could be March, ugh!!!!  I feel like a broken recording, we told people “it’ll be about 2 years” for about 3 years then we’ve said for the last year “it’ll be about a year”.  Now for the last 4 months we’ve said it would be around 3-6 months.  I’m sure no one thinks we can count!!!! 
This is tough.  CCCWA totally skipped September so now the arrival times of referrals are not even predictable.  What am I supposed to do with  the time I’m waiting?  I’m trying to be as productive and focused as possible and trying to “live in the moment” but I find myself wishing the weeks away hoping its time for referrals once again.  I don’t like being that way.  We are only guaranteed the present.  I need to remind myself of that.  Maybe focus on others more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment