Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Year in Review 2012- Trying it again.

Okay so last January 1st 2012, I began a journal.  I used a nice leather bound journal with just the right size lines on which to write, a flexible spine to make it easy to write, and it was red in color to commemorate the “good luck” of China. 
So what happened?  Well, I journaled tirelessly for the first 3 months.  Documenting daily events, looking back, most of those dreadfully boring.  The purpose of the journal was so we could have documentation of the day our daughter was born.  Although a million miles away(sort of, not really) this is a way I felt connected to her and thought it would be wonderful to be able to know what we were doing around the time of her birth.  There is so much of her history that will be missing so I thought this would be one way to fill in some gaps.  Looking back now  I don’t know that she will be so thrilled  to know what un-monumental life we live on a daily basis.  Therefore, after March  my lengthy, boring, over-detailed or short under- detailed entries became too cumbersome and ineffective.  The journaling pretty much stopped and I began jotting things onto a calendar- which I am good at by the way.  So for the remainder of the year I used the calendar.  Not much you can write in a  ½ inch square but it forces you to hit the highlights.  Unfortunately sometimes it forces you to abbreviate too and I’m not sure all those entries are decipherable. Nonetheless, paired with my iphone history and the chronology of the pics I took on my phone I’m gonna attempt to recreate for myself the High-lights of 2012.    We’ll see if I can figure out this madness.  Here is the first recap:
Highlights 2012 as recalled from my iphone and pocket calendar:

January 2012 Highlights

Well, the year started with my birthday and a winter hike at one of my favorite places.  We tried out a new trail and saw some pretty rock formations and lots of moss.  So green and fresh; love breathing that type of air!  I knew I was facing foot surgery in a  few months and wanted to take advantage of my mobility while I had it. 
By looking back at journal entries, cell phone pics and bookmarks I had set,  it looks like the year started with a small snow.  There was focus on trying to find some allergy free dog treats for Miss Meeka.  She had such trouble with her skin and ears that I was able to find a carob chip cookie recipe and tried that out.  It made a large batch then we went back to our tried and true oreo-type carob ones from the store.  Less work and more palletable. 
I chose adoption blogs to follow each month and continued on my vicarious adoption journeys. 
  . . . See not terribly interesting.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment