Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 2012 Highlights


The first part of February always evokes a lot of emotion at our house.  It’s the anniversary of Larry’s surgery and we always find ourselves thinking about that a lot, melancholy and thankful all at once.  We praise God again for clear results and again this year in 2013. He has already had an MRI and once again, God continues to bless our household.  We are so unworthy of God’s goodness yet so thankful we are covered by Jesus’ righteousness.
During February 2012, I helped my adorable niece and her friend prep for the Valentine dance, my sister-in-law and I did hair and makeup for them, what fun to be in 7th grade!!!!  They are good girls and drama free- they tend to avoid that and I’m proud of them as that’s hard to do this day and age.
I had some moles removed in February (elective) and that turned out well.  I’m gonna be an older  mama so I want to give my daughter fewer reasons to think her mom is old, frumpy, and certainly not  mole covered, ha ha
The later part of February 2012 took a sad turn.  Our precious Meeka dog woke us one night having a seizure and that was truly dreadful.  It was 12  years ago the same month that Larry had woke me up with the same thing.  Too close, and such a brutal flashback.  The vet determined it could have been  a one time thing or the beginning of epilepsy but we just had to wait and see.  I have many thoughts and journal entries regarding this that I just cannot put into words again. So sad, the year starts so gloomy.  Well stay tuned for more 2012 highlights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment