Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Twas the night before the night before Christmas . . .

Yes, I know it's the middle of the night but I can't sleep. I guess this is what Christmas does to a new Mom.  Can I just tell you I'm a little excited.  On a very small scale I can begin to understand how much our God loves us and how happy He is to bless us as His children.  This is the first year to bless our child with Christmas and memories that surround it and I can't wait to do so.

Each night as we go to bed we have been reading a few books in preparation for this special time of year, since to our knowledge Delaney has never experienced Christmas.  We read about waiting for Santa and how he brings gifts to us and places them under the tree in exchange for cookies and milk and we give gifts to others too.  We do this all in celebration of Baby "Jees-a".  We end our readings each night with "The Christmas Story".  She reenacts each scene as Joseph "walk, walk, walks" to Bethlehem and Mary rode "clip clop, clip clop, clip clop".  When they reach Bethlehem there are "so many people" and they "knock, knock, knock" or various doors only to be told each time "no room".  It's precious as she makes the animal sounds for the stable and then lifts her hands in praise when the Baby Jesus is born.  Here's a little glimpse.

No comments:

Post a Comment