Monday, February 10, 2014

CCCWA is back to work and we're about to be MATCHED!!!!!

Well the CCCWA has completed their first day back to work after the week long Chinese New Year/Spring Festival celebration.  It’ll be interesting to see how soon the rumors start  flying about the next referral batch   I spoke with our agency again last week and we were told that someone has likely pulled our documents off the shelf (all 3 pounds of paperwork), dusted it off (I added that part), and will be looking at our paperwork to prepare to match us with our child.  You see, when your paperwork (dossier) goes to China there are three phases; translation, review, and matching.  Our documents were translated within  a month of arriving in China, then they were reviewed around December 2007 and now finally we are to be matched with our child! 
When I spoke with our agency last week they said they will call in the next two weeks to update us again and to get details about how we want to handle “THE CALL”.  You see, “the call” is pretty much the equivalent of childbirth with a biological child.  It’s the moment our agency contacts us and will notify us of the gender, age and location of our child.  But we’ll have to wait another 8-12 weeks to hold them for the first time. 
Larry and I will probably not be together for the call but may be able to do a conference call and then rush home to be together to receive our agency’s e-mail.  We will then see pictures of our child's face for the first time!  We’ll also receive medical information and other specifics.  Oh what a happy day that will be!  I get teary just thinking of it.  I have daydreamed of this moment for years now, literally years.  Where will we be when the phone call comes?  How will I contact Larry?  Will I be able to remember  how to use the phone?  I’ve dreamt of ways to tell our immediate family.  Of course parents will be told first and on down the line.  Close friends and church family.  Our face book LID group and then any one else in our county who hasn’t heard the screaming and shouts of excitement! 
It is just hard for me to believe that this may be our last month of waiting . . . it’s all I’ve known for 7 ½ years.  My how things are going to change. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment