Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Seven years of waiting . . .

Today we reached our seven year mark.  We have officially been logged in and waiting for our Little One for 7 years, yep 84 months.  Who would've thought?  Not us, that's for sure.  We could never have foreseen this long wait for our first and likely only child.  We imagined a typical 12-15 month wait for this international adoption.  God saw otherwise.  His ways are not our ways.  Looking back we see God's hand in all of this, even the long wait.  He has protected us from earthquakes, bird flu, mudslides, government shutdowns, torrential rains and snow storms.  When we say we've been spared in these situations, let me make it clear that we weren't even close to being effected by any of these.  But God's provision of safety is amazing and timing impeccable.  During the long wait we often made projections as to when we may travel and each time God has proven time and again that it wasn't "our time".  He showed us often after the fact that He provided protection and safety for us by  preventing us from traveling at a certain time.  Who could ask for more? 

I am thanking God tonight for His sovereignty and His Love.  I am thanking Him for our ability to be patient during this wait  and I'm thanking Him for our contentment.  I am thankful He's making us wait as I know we've grown in Him during this time.  And I'm so thankful we are His children.  I now have a better understanding of what it means to be "adopted" into the family of Christ and loved unconditionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment